Friday, July 13, 2007

"I Have a Dream!"

Who can forget the image of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. professing to the masses that he had a dream. A man fighting for change that will enable his children to be judged by the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin.

A more powerful image and cause doesn't exist.

This morning I also had a dream.

However with a much less noble cause.

As I awoke and started about the normal does and don'ts of my day I found myself taken back when I was standing above my underwear drawer.

For too long I have lived with the fact that many of my boxer shorts, jockey shorts and briefs alike had holes in them.

As much as I wanted to my underwear drawer to be everything that it should be, it appeared that I was going to have to settle for the fact that it is just everything that it shouldn't be.

For years I have tried to have a hole free underwear drawer.

Each day as I put on a different portion of a garment I would say, "why do I do this to myself?"

But never the less I would put them on anyway, and go about my day pretending like everything was normal.

But in reality everything was anything but.

Today is the day everything will change.

I vow from now onward to gradually phase out holed undergarments. I will go to zellars, walmart, or another value type underwear outlet and buy a new pack.

For each pack that I buy I will begin to discard those that had holes, yes even if they're my favourites.

Little by little, piece by piece, hole by hole, these imperfections will be eliminated, and my underwear drawer will become the ideal oasis of fun that I have always dreamed it would be.

That is its Destiny!

No comments: